Well, it has been a while since I have posted bc I am trying to catch up at work. I have a ton of it in the next few months. I am affectionately calling all of my work the 4 P's -- Paper, Presentation, Paper, Presentation. I have my oral exams for my PhD on Aug 24th!
So, this week I have located a Tailor to alter the DRESS. She has been highly recommended by two very close trusthworthy sources. I go for my first "visit" in mid-July. I need a bustle (any ideas), length removed, and a little pulling in around the bust. Not too bad.
I also loved the hair consultation. She is very experienced withwedding hair. The bridal beauties will go to the salon around 1pm on wedding day for hair dos. They have 3 stylist to help us. I am working on manis and pedis for in the suite on Thurs or Friday.
The invitations have been ordered and will arrive shortly. Mom is practicing her handwriting for the inner and outer envelopes so we might save on calligraphy (which is astronomically high in S. California).
The groom bought his mother a dress for the wedding and she loves it!
Next on my list are to call the trumpeter who has been recommended by another trustworthy friend and perhaps check out the NC Boys Chior for the ceremony. Do you think that would be weird? There will be hymns from the Catholic Mass that will need to be belted out by someone.
The groom and I had our Catholic Marriage prep class (formerly known as Pre-cannan) and it was just awesome. Our leaders were a couple from Redondo Beach, CA. We had to write a letter to each other and when I read mine to Mike I cried and then when he read his to me I cried and the photographer took my photo and I will be featured in the NC Catholic Monthly. Very intresting...
Any good websites for favors or favor boxes/decorations would be highly appreciated. Or ones helpful for the hotel bags. I cannot devote much time to these things until after the 4 P's though.
Also, dad and the videographer are in secret cahoots to make a photo montage of the bride and groom and their friends and family (This keeps the father of the bride distracted from his primary personal objective--convincing Coach K to come to the wedding or at least to the Friday cocktail party).
Okay, this bride is pooped and must get back to the 4 P's!
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment